21 Apr 2009

What have we been up to?

You may recall some time ago that we put our house on the market (not the one we are living in, we are currently renting, but one that we built ten years ago,) well it has sold. Now we have secured a block of land and chosen a house design to build WOOHOO!!! We will officially own the land on the 14th of May and building should begin soon after that. Before it can start though, we need to remove some trees, five all up, as they have been planted in a row almost diagonally across the block. I will post some pictures in a little while.
We went to our holiday house over Easter and had a very relaxing break. My DH has a very warped sense of humour, around Easter every year he organises for all of us to have dental check ups, he takes great delight in reminding us when this is coming up. We all came away without anything overly major happening, but the dentist has recommended that Joel sees an orthodontist as he has a quite severe over-bite.
Joel and Caitlyn started back at school yesterday, and Luke went back today. So today is the first child-free I have had for a couple of weeks and have just decided to chill today and get back into routine tomorrow.
On the 5th of April my three months probation was up at work, and even though there was no mention of it, I assumed that they would be keeping me on. Well yesterday I spoke to my manager and said that my probation was up and could I then assume that they would be 'keeping me'. He was surprised that the time had gone by so quickly, and then proceeded to congratulate me and said that it did look like they would be keeping me. Another WOOHOO!! I am really enjoying my job, it is such a great and positive environment.
As for stitching I have been concentrating (obsessing) on HAED Faery Tales, and have now managed to complete nine out of sixty pages.















When I am not working on Faery Tales, I am putting some stitches into Four Oaks Designs A Love Song. Not too much more to go on this one, I predict a finish, mmmm, by the end of the hhhhmmm, let me see, year, hehe. I am not one to stick to dead-lines, and not wanting to over extend myself LOL.













And I have also been putting some stitches into CdC, nearly done with this one also.













So that is a condensed version of what we have been up to, I hope to not leave it so long until I post again, I really love getting comments from all of you, it warms my heart when I read them, bye for now and stay safe everyone.

16 comments:

Kim D Messick said...

Congrats on the house & job! All the stitching is fabulous - way to go!

Gabi said...

Congrats with your job. I love your stitching. Everything is beautiful but that red sampler made me drool.

Wendy said...

Congrats on the house been sold and the job!!

Your HAED is so gorgeous. It is indeed an addiction ;)

All your other wip's looks so great too. Good job.

Jenny said...

Congrats on selling your house. Building a new one will be such an adventure. :)

Love your WIPs - especially CDC. :)

Kim B said...

Congrats on the sale and the new land! I hate the dentist! Your stitching looks incredible!

Carla said...

Congratulation on selling your old hoouse, buying a land to build your new house and for the new job!! CONGRATS!!!
Your wips are looking fantastic!

Dawn T. said...

Congrats on selling the house, starting on the new one, and your job!

Your stitching looks fantastic!:)

Louanne said...

Best wishes to you on your house construction! Congrats on your job probation being over! Good for you!!!!
FT is coming along nicely, 9 pages out of 60, WOW! Your doing a fantastic job on it.
A Love Song is beautiful, what floss is that? So pretty!
Your CDC is amazing! I love your combination of floss and fabric. What color floss is that?
I'm nosey today, aren't I? Your WIPs are just so fabulous, I have to know!

Cindy F. said...

Joanne!! Good stuff happening your way! Congrats on your house selling, your new land and house plans and your job!! I'm so happy for you girl!
Now your stitching just blows my mind! You are working on 3 of the most amazing designs! and such incredible progress on all of them!
Just beautiful!
Too funny about your dh and the dentist appts....but so glad you mentioned it as I am overdue and need to make an appt. myself:)
Have a great week! (((HUGS)))

Pumpkin said...

There so much excitement going on with you!!!! Congrats on selling your house and finding a piece of land :o) Building a house is a lot of work but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

LOL! I have to laugh at the dentist appointments at Easter time. Your DH does have a warped sense of humor ;o)

OMG! NINE pages completed? WOW! Your other projects are really coming along too. I can't believe you have three big ones on the go.

Ranae said...

Congrats!! on the new residency and the job. Best wishes coming your way.
The stitching is absolutlty stunning as always.
The HAED is only six pages done? you go girl

Erica said...

I am so impressed with the number of projects you have going at once! They are all so beautiful. I am afraid I don't have the patience for much of a rotation. I would probably accomplish much more if I did.
Thanks so much for your comments on my rug! It was so nice of you!

Ranae said...

Hi! Joanne I would be happy to pass Princess Parade on to you. I haven't forgotten about The Drawn Thread. I keep forgetting to get thread for it.
email me at lilpebblecreek@aol.com

Lana said...

Wow! Great progress on all your projects! I'm especially impressed with the HAED piece! 60 pages?!?!?!? Wow! And I thought my two 9 page projects were bad...guess not so much!=)

~Lana~

Mel in Dubai said...

Congratulations on the house and job!

You've made fantastic progress on Faery Tales - looks wonderful!

Love Song and CdC are beautiful too :)

Susi said...

Hi Joanne, from another Victorian..!! I just love all your WIPs, you do amazing stitching.

I especially love your Four Oaks Designs- A Love Song, that is just breathtaking.

Hugs and happy stitching, Susi

An Aussie girl who loves to cross stitch