4 July 2013

LOTS HAPPENING!!!!!

Again some time has passed since my last post,  with heaps of things going on. 

Dad has had a total of six brain bleeds (mini strokes) since the middle of February.   The last one has left him unable to walk, and cognitively has had the most impact on his speech and memory capabilities.   He can have a conversation with you, but it can become quite repetitive. There are times of confusion but I am sure that he knows who I am.  It has been decided that if he has another bleed that he won't be taken to hospital,  he absolutely hates it there and it just adds to his confusion and causes him to become extremely agitated and aggressive,   he will remain at the nursing home and they will manage his needs and just sedate him.

As for study, I got a high distinction for my assignment, and I am waiting to get my results for the whole unit, sat the exam on the 17th of June, and the results are due out on the 11th of July. I was so so fortunate to get the mark on my assignment as when I submitted it I actually sent in the wrong copy.  Thank goodness for such an understanding lecturer who took pity on me and was prepared to review my mark and allowed me submit the correct copy. PHEW!!!!!

Later this month I am going on a stitching retreat.  We have been there before and had a fantastic time. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and getting lots of stitching and talking done.  Will try to remember to take some pictures and post them on this blog of mine.

As for stitching, there hasn't been a whole lot done, but I have managed to complete another row on Emergence. So here is an updated photo,  and the previous progress shot for comparison.


Thank you for your comments on my last post about the wombat.   She has grown considerably, and is doing well.  Wombats may look cute and cuddly, but they can be quite nasty, and if provoked are not adverse to biting.  We saw one crossing the road one day and we decided to get out of the  car to have a closer look.  We had no intention of causing the animal any distress, we just wanted a closer look at it.  Well it turns out that DH was in its way.  It lined DH up and grunted at him and ran at him.  I have never seen my DH move so fast, wombats aren't known for their speed by the way, DH just happened to be in its way.  We laughed so hard and we still have a chuckle about it.

Well hope that you are all well and getting lots of stitching done.  Take care everyone. 

11 comments:

sharine said...

Your stitching looks beautiful. Best wishes for you Dad:)

Kathy A. said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Sending warm supportive hugs.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm really sorry to read about your Dad its so hard watching a parent be ill. I will keep him and you in my thoughts.

Emergence is just so beautiful I love the colours.

Ali O'Donnell said...

Sorry to hear about your dad hun. Thinking of you all. You're stitching is lovely =) xx

Kaisievic said...

I hope that your Dad is okay - thinking of you and your family. Good luck for your results.

Karoline said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope that they are able to keep him out of hospital.

Emergence is looking gorgeous

Crafty Witch said...

I love your piece! I hope your father is feeling comfortable and happy. Gl in school!

Jan Gartlan said...

Sorry to read about your Dad. Lovely stitching! I am an Aussie girl too and have been bitten by a wombat. I got too close cos he was so cute.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear (belatedly) about your Dad - I hope he is still battling along and you are both doing OK :)

Unknown said...

I just found your blog and think it is fabulous! I am now a follower of yours.

Aqur Printing Jakarta said...

The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Cetak Buku Umroh Haji wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :) Cetak Buku Murah Jasa Fotocopy Murah Jilid Soft Cover Murah Cetak Spanduk di Jakarta Timur

Cetak Buku


Cetak Buku Murah

An Aussie girl who loves to cross stitch