29 Apr 2007

Our lives are about to change.

For the past five years I have been a SAHM. When I finished work before DS J was born, I applied for a 'career break' for the sole purpose of being able to stay at home with him for longer that 12 months, which is what was allowed for maternity leave. So that meant that all up I was to have four year holiday from my job. Which, by the way is a customer service officer with one of the major Australian banks.
While I was still strictly on maternity leave I discover that I am pregnant again, this time with DD C. So when my four years was up and I was due to return to work, I asked for an additional year in lieu of the maternity leave that I would have received for DD, which the bank very kindly approved.
So after having five years away from work, I start work again for the bank on Monday. At this stage they have been able to fit my hours around pre-school hours, as they have to re-train me as all of their systems have changes. So I am going to be working on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9-30 until 3-00. This arrangement will last until I am conversant with changes and until they have a more permanent position for me.
I am largely looking forward to it, as it is a break from the kids. I love them dearly but having 3 kids, 2 under five, can be trying at times.
As for stitching, I have been working on And A Forest Grew. I am really enjoying this and will post a WIP picture in the next few day. Next in my rotation is a new start, a HAED, Bubbles, will also post a link when I do the picture for And A Forest Grew.

5 comments:

Dawn T. said...

I know exactly how 3 kids can be a handful at times! It doesn't get easier as they get older either...lol. I hope your transition back to work will be smooth:)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your move back to work. Having some time away from the kiddos and having some adult time will be nice.

mainely stitching said...

We also have three kids, two of them under 5, so I can really relate! (I also used to work in a bank, but that was long ago.) I'm really glad that your employer has been able & willing to schedule your hours around the kids' schedules a bit - it really makes a world of difference! Good luck with your return to your career!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving supportive comments on my blog.

Best of luck with going back to the work world.

Carla said...

good luck with going back to work :)

An Aussie girl who loves to cross stitch