24 May 2007

Pictures at last.


Well I am finally able to show you the progress on Lizzie Kate's Daughters. Not too much more to do on this, just another flower, finish the verse which is Daughters are a special joy, and finish the border. I thought that I would have been able to finish it this time but it just didn't happen. There is always its next time in my rotation.









Next up in my rotation is for my son Luke. He asked me to show him designs of dragons and he chose (asked for me to stitch) Desert Guardian, by Character Creations. Here is a link with a picture if you would like to see it. http://www.dragonflydreams.com.au/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=2688 I will stitch on this until Sunday night as per my rotation.

This next lot of photos is something that I have been stitching on for years, possibly as long as Luke has been on this earth, 12 years. It was started when he was quite young and I was on maternity leave from work. I found this pattern and another one, which will be a birth sampler for DD Caitlyn, in a knitting and craft book that I bought. I finished the stitching last year sometime. Luke saw me stitching on Joel's birth sampler, a Dimensions Chart and Charms pattern with a design of Noah's Ark, which has a 3 stitch wide border. He asked what would his look like with a border. I told him that if he would like a border on his that I would stitch it for him. I got him to choose the style, funny enough the same as Joel's, and color. He chose DMC variations thread color number 4050, I don't think a better choice could have been made as alot of the greens in that thread were already in the design. So earlier this year I stitched and finished the border, it didn't take too long, perhaps 5-7 days of off and on stitching.



Here is the full piece. It is quite large, not sure of the exact measurements off hand. On the bottom Luke only wanted one row of stitching as there is already quite alot of green in the grass.









And here are two closer shots of each half.

Now just to get it framed. I am thinking of just a fairly plain wooden frame without any mats as there is so much detail in the design, that it doesn't need anything too fancy. And after all it for a 12yo boy, who is also very keen on telling us that he is almost a teen-ager. Where has the time gone?

Well I will leave it at that and go and continue to do that bear of an assignment of mine. Whose idea was it for me to do a Uni degree? OOHH that's right, it was mine!!!!

Bye for now everyone, and happy stitching.

13 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Wow, that sampler is amazing and you must be so proud to have finished it! What a treasure for your son!

Nicole & Phil said...

AWESOME!
I really love this sampler, what fun!
The alphabet looks terrific, and I love all the animals! + that great broder!
You have been stitching some terrific pieces!
Thanks for sharing!

Carol said...

Love those WIPS :-) They are so cute!

BeckySC said...

WOW-the sampler is wonderful! Congratulations :)

Cheryl said...

Wow that sampler is gorgeous, what a great piece to have stitched!

Carla said...

that sampler looks BIG! It's beautiful, I'm sure that with a plain wooden frame it will look fantastic :)

Sue said...

Love your daughter piece and wow on your birth sampler, that is spectacular ;)

Dawn T. said...

The sampler is stunning!

Leonie said...

Lovely stitching-I had the book with that sampler in it years ago-it's so cute. Hey-my kid's names are Luke & Caitlin........how spooky is that? (it's my DD that likes dragons though)

Anonymous said...

The sampler is stunning
congratulations :) Love the Dragon too

Felicity said...

Congratulations on the finish. It's wonderful! I know all about projects that take forever to do. I recently started No2 in a series of three. The first was started in 1995 & finished in 2004. LOL. Three frames hang on the wall; only one of them has a cross stitch in it.

Michelle said...

What a sweet sampler - and how fun that Luke got to add his own touch to it. Can't wait to see it framed.

Anonymous said...

Great progress on your Lizzie*Kate piece. That birth sampler that you stitched for Luke looks enormous! He had a great idea for the border and good taste with the color. Looks great!

An Aussie girl who loves to cross stitch