2 May 2007

A quick post...

Hi everyone, just want to say a thank-you to everyone who has left a comment, or visited, my blog.

In my comments Carol wrote about AAFG being a magnificent stitch. I have to agree with her. Some of the motifs can be a little fiddly with a few thread changes, but over all it is a very enjoyable stitch. The chart is easy to read, and when I made a working copy, there was no need to enlarge it.

Dee said that seeing my progress on AAFG gave her incentive to work on her Four Seasons. Glad I was able to help you out Dee. LOL.

Today was my second day of work, my feet are not as sore today which is good. Though I did actually sit a bit more while I was doing training on the computer. After having had about 20 years of experience and then five years away from work, I feel like a 'new' employee because of the vast system changes. Though I must say that the changes are definately for the better. Transactions are now much faster to complete, of they will be when I get used to the computers LOL, and much more efficient, being able to perform all operations from the one work-station.

Okay enough talk about work. I just wanted to add that I love getting your comments, they make me all warm and fuzzy, and I didn't think that I would enjoy blogging so much, but the stitching community and the people in it are wonderful.

Thanks for making me feel so welcome everyone, and happy stitching.

7 comments:

Dawn T. said...

Glad everything is going well with work:)

Carla said...

I'm glad everything is going well at work :)

Anonymous said...

YAY for you back to work! You will feel like a new person :)

AAFG looks great - I've been admiring Carol's too!

Anonymous said...

Blogging is so much fun. I can't believe all the people I've "met" and all the new things I've learned.

Oh yeah --- and seeing all the new stuff people show -- who KNEW there was all that sock yarn out there!

Leeland said...

Hi Aussie Sticher (any other name? lol!)!
I wanted to thank you for your kind comment on my Moira Blackburn sampler. It is one of my fav pieces to date.
I see you are quite new to the Stiching Bloggers' World so I think it's still time to say WELCOME! This is an extraordinary haven.
I've browsed all your posts and I can say one thing: you are stitching wonders, and I'll be back!
Glad to see you're having a safe return to work.
Take care!
Lili

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are picking things up at work - I used to work in banking when I lived in Australia, so your post brings back memories!

mainely stitching said...

It's good to hear that so far, the reentry into the workaday world is going well. I can only imagine how much banking has changed since I was a teller - 20 years ago! Gulp! We write banking software where I work, and it is just light years beyond what was involved a couple of decades ago.

An Aussie girl who loves to cross stitch